We're offering the opportunity to be a part of:
- The KAB 24 mile Virtual Cycle Ride
- The 2017 Virgin London Marathon
- Assault Course Challenge
- London to Brighton 100km Challenge
- Dragon Boat Racing at Bewl Water or Mote Park
- 100ft Abseil
Virtual Cycle Ride 2017
On World Sight Day 2016 we launched our first Virtual Cycle Ride! We are inviting people to cycle 24 miles which can be completed on a route of their choosing, over as many days as they want. You can take part as an individual or as a team, on a static bike at the gym, or outside in the park.
Registration is just £15 per person which includes personalised sponsor forms, a finishers medal and certificate. By registering for this event; you are helping us provide befrienders to isolated, visually impaired individuals in the local community.
Take part as a team of four and benefit from a reduced registration fee of £50; this could help fund a group training session to teach sight impaired people to use the internet and access emails.
There is no minimum sponsorship required but any additional funds raised will of course be greatly appreciated!
Please register here if you're interested in taking part.
*Please click here to read our Terms & Conditions
The Virgin London Marathon - April
Applications are currently closed for 2017.
KM Abseil - 19th March
The Spring abseil challenge being staged by the KM Charity Team will be held at Thomas Place, Maidstone which boasts a 100ft drop! Each fundraiser is asked to raise a minimum of £75; 30% of the total raised will be awarded to the KM Charity Team with the remaining 70% being awarded to KAB. To book simply visit the KM website and select the time you wish to take part. Remeber to select KAB in the drop down box as your chosen charity.
KM Big Bike Ride - 23rd April
The KM Charity Team will host its annual KM Big Bike Ride in April and offers riders the choice of either a 50km or 100km route. Both courses will head off from Betteshanger Country Park in Deal.
There will be mid-ride refreshments for all riders plus hot and cold food and drink will be available for purchase at the venue. There will be electronic chip timing and each participant will have a sportive photograph taken during the event.
For more information or to book your place simply visit the KM website and select the route you want to complete. Remember to select KAB as your chosen charity in the dropdown box.
London to Brighton Challenge - May
One of UK’s great endurance events; most will walk it, many will jog parts, and some will run the full 100km. However you choose to complete it, it will be a unique test of stamina & determination.
There’s 100km of paths, trails, and expert support alongside some highs and lows to get to the Brighton finish line. It might be the most rewarding May Bank Holiday weekend you've had in years! For more information or to sign up, visit the event website. You pay an initial registration fee online which secures your place & is non-refundable, and then you commit to a minimum sponsorship target.
Full Challenge (~100km) - registration fee - £69 & fundraising target £395 per person
Half Challenges (1st or 2nd ~ 56/44km) – registration fee - £49 & fundraising target £250 per person
KM Colour Run - 11th June
This fun event is designed to get you moving. You can run, walk or jog the 5km route while being covered in coloured powder.
Standard entry fee is £20 for adults, £15 for children. The price includes a limited edition KM Colour Run T-shirt, glasses, small bag of coloured powder and a medal on completion.
For more information or to book your place simply visit the KM website. Remember to select KAB as your chosen charity in the dropdown box.
Dragon Boat Racing - 2nd July or 10th September
Get together with a team of 17 and take part in the KM Dragon Boat race at Mote Park or the Bewl Water Dragon Boat races in Lamberhurst.
Teams compete against each other across a 250m course. We ask that each member of your team commits to raising a minimum of £100 each.
Crews do not need to be super fit or skilled to be successful - all that's required is teamwork and a good sense of fun!
Assault Course Challenge - 7th October
The KM Assault Course Challenge puts teams of six people (aged 14+) through our assault course that will test the mettle of participants. It is not as hard as an army assault course and as such allows everyone to take part, no matter your age or physical ability. We have new obstacles for 2017!
This challenge is staged at Betteshanger Country Park, Deal and now boasts over 20 pieces of equipment including tunnels, balance beams, rope walk, water jump and tyre wall. To succeed the members of a team will have to work together and communicate effectively to contend with Kent's longest civil assault course.
To register your team please visit the KM Charity Team website and remember to select KAB as your charity of choice in the drop down box.