Malling Park Run - VI Running Event
To raise the profile of visually impaired running in Kent, Malling Park Run would like as many people as possible to join them on Saturday 16th March and take part in their "Blind leading the Blind" event at Leybourne Lakes Country Park, Malling Road, Larkfield, Kent ME6 5LB.
Participants will pair up and walk, jog or run while taking it in turns to guide and be guided. KAB have a supply of blindfolds but it will help if you have one of your own. Please also bring a suitable tether to link you to your partner. We highly recommend you practice beforehand, although KAB will be on hand at 8:30am to provide a brief introduction to guide running.
There's also lots of useful information and tips on this English Athletics helpful guide - https://d22mrp1h7mecyi.cloudfront.net/2018/10/Running-and-Sprinting-with-Guides.pdf
For anyone new to parkrun please register at https://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/ then print off your paper barcode and bring with you.
See Malling Park Run's Facebook page for more information.
Low Vision Roadshows
We invite you come along and explore the latest products and technolgoies available from a variety of suppliers, for blind and partially sighted people, at the following roadshows:
Professional Vision Services
- 13 May 2019 - 10am to 3pm at The Angel Centre, Angel Lane, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1SF.
- 14 May 2019 - 10am to 3pm at Trinity Community Resource Centre, St Mary's Avenue, Margate, Kent CT9 3TN.
- 1 July 2019 - 10am to 2pm at The Dover Parish Church, Cannon Steet, Dover, Kent CT16 1BY.
- 2 July 2019 - 10am to 2pm at The Singleton Environment Centre, Wesley Scool Road, Singleton, Ashfrod, Kent TN23 5LW.
Sight & Sound
- 30 July 2019 - 10am to 2pm at KAB Sight Centre, 72 College Road, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6SJ.
For more information about these events please call Pat Weeden on 01622 691357.
Sight Matters Exhibitions 2019
We invite you to attend the following free events designed for people with sight or hearing loss. These exciting exhibitions will showcase services, new technologies and equipment from more than 30 exhibitors. KAB staff will also be on hand to provide support, advice and guidance.
Date: Tuesday 18 June 2019
Time: 10am to 3pm
Where is it: Medway Park, Mill Road, Gillingham, Kent ME7 1HF.
Date: Wednesday 10 October 2019
Time: 10am to 3pm
Where is it: Westgate Hall, Westgate Hall Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 2BT.