National Eye Health Week 2018
This year's National Eye Health Week (NEHW) will take place from 24 to 30 September 2018, promoting the importance of eye health and the need for regular sight tests for all. KAB is hosting activities throughout the week to provide information and advice on good eye health and preventing common eye conditions in support of NEHW. Your local KAB teams will be at the following venues so why not come and join us and find out how to look after your sight:
- Tuesday 25th September - High Street, Bromley from 10.30am.
- Wednesday 26th September - Queen Elizabeth Queen Mother (QEQM) Hospital, Margate from 10am to 2.30pm.
- Thursday 27th September - Longacres Bybrook Garden Centre, Ashford from 12pm to 4pm
- Monday 24th - Friday 28th September - Joynes House, Gravesend from 9am to 5pm
- Thursday 27th September - Sessions House, Maidstone from 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday 26th September - Gun Wharf, Chatham from 9am to 12pm
- Thursday 27th September - dockside Outlet Centre, Chatham from 10am to 3pm
- Thursday 27th September - Discovery Park, Sandwich from 10.30am to 2.30pm
- Friday 28th September - Canterbury Christ Church University, Canterbury from 10am to 3pm
These events are kindly supported by SoloBerry blueberries and GemzandMagz sweets
'Oxsight' Glasses Project - Participants Required
RNIB are working with Oxford University on the 'Oxsight' glasses project. The glasses are designed to help partially sighted people see things more clearly using a combination of magnification, contrast and colour settings. The glasses will only work successfully for people with certain levels of sight and field of vision. They have created a screening test for potential participants to see if they meet the criteria for testing.
If RNIB had a small group of people that met the screening criteria, they would be willing to travel to KAB to carry out the testing. RNIB will pay the participant's travelling expenses up to £30 and a shopping voucher will be given to each participant as a thank you for taking part. Testing will take approximately an hour and a quarter. Once suitable participants have been identified, they will be contacted and given date, time and venue of the testing.
New Chapter Book Club
Do you like reading? Why not join our book club?
Stroke Association and Kent Association for the Blind are working in partnership giving you the opportunity to continue enjoying reading in a friendly and sociable environment.
Charity Golf Days
We are really excited to have three golf days planned for 2018. These are always great fun and we would love for you to join us!
- High Elms - 27th July
- Bearsted - 8th August
- Faversham - 21st September
East Kent Service User Forum
Date: Thursday 4th October 2018
Time: 10.30am - 1pm
Venue: KAB Sight Centre, 51 London Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 8LF
Sight Matters 2018
Date: Wednesday 10 October 2018
Time: 10am to 3pm
Where is it: Maidstone Leisure Centre, Mote Park, Maidstone, Kent ME15 7RN
|Where:||Marden Village Club|
|Details:||Teams of 6 - £35. Proceeds will be split between the club's two charities - KAB and Safe Anaesthesia Worldwide|
Cup of Tea for KAB