Make a Donation
The success of our work depends on the generosity of all of our supporters who kindly make donations to ensure our services can develop and reach everyone who needs them.
An ageing population means the demand for our services increases every year. Last year donations from individuals raised a fantastic £69, 886 but to make sure we can meet an increasing need for our support, we need to raise even more money.
You can make your donation either online, by post or telephone or by text.
What could my donation provide?
Whether it's £10 or £100, your support will make a real difference to the lives of sight impaired people in Kent, Medway, Bromley and Bexley. What will you pledge today?
£10 can provide a befriender to support an sight impaired person in their home and local community.
£30 helps pay the running costs for one of our social and activity groups for a month.
£35 can provide an elderly and isolated sight impaired person with their local edtion of talking news for the whole year.
£60 will fund a two hour group training session teaching sight impaired people how to communicate via the internet and email using assistive technology.
£80 pays for 2 hours of long cane training giving visually impaired people the confidence and freedom to go out independently.
£100 will help pay for an Eye Clinic Liaison Officer to provide essential emotional and practical support within hospitals for a day.
£200 helps fund an activity day - like bowling or trampolining for a group of 30 sight impaired children.
KAB is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and we are committed to the highest standards of professional fundraising practice.
Making a donation online to KAB is easy, quick and secure. You can choose to make a single donation, or set up a regular monthly gift to support our work now and in the future.
Click here to make an online donation via Just Giving.
Donate By Phone Or Post
If you prefer to make a donation by phone please call our fundraising team on 01622 691357
Alternatively, please download our donation form and return it to:
The Fundraising Department
Kent Association for the Blind
72 College Road
- Regular donations provide KAB with dependable income so that we can ensure the long-term future of our services
- They allow us to plan our work effectively, because we know how much we will receive and when
- We need to be able to make a long-term commitment to the people who need our services. Supporting people to become independent can sometimes take many months. We need to be sure we can provide the services they need for as long as they are needed
- Regular donations are also good for our supporters, because many people find it easier to budget for small regular contributions
- Did you know that giving £5 every month to KAB for a year (that's 16 pence each day) would mean KAB could provide one and a half hours of computer training for a sight impaired person, enabling them to access their own correspondence for the first time in their life and keep in touch with friends and family?
Make a regular donation by phone: 01622 691357
Gift Aid Explained
What is Gift Aid?
If you are a UK taxpayer, under the Government's Gift Aid initiative KAB is allowed to reclaim the tax you have already paid on your donation. This means your donation will increase by a quarter at no extra cost to you. For every pound you give to us we can get an extra 25 pence from the Inland Revenue helping your donation go further to help sight impaired people.