X Toggle High Contrast Mode
S Skip to Main Content
1 Home Page
3 Site Map
9 Contact Us
0 Access Keys
Kent Association for the Blind

3 images of a cup of tea, runners and a golf ball

Gift Aid logo

What is Gift Aid?
If you are a UK taxpayer, under the Government's Gift Aid initiative KAB is allowed to reclaim the tax you have already paid on your donation. This means your donation will increase by a quarter at no extra cost to you. For every pound you give to us we can get an extra 25 pence from the Inland Revenue helping your donation go further to help sight impaired people.

How do I Gift Aid a donation?

You can make a Gift Aid declaration by:

  • Signing and dating a Gift Aid declaration that also includes your full name and address. All KAB donation forms include a Gift Aid declaration
  • You can make a Gift Aid declaration over the telephone and we will send you a letter confirming that you have Gift Aided your donation to KAB
  • You can also Gift Aid a donation you make online simply by clicking the Gift Aid option when you make your donation.

How do I know if I can Gift Aid my donations?

To be eligible for Gift Aid you have to be a UK tax payer and you must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that we reclaim on your donations in the tax year. If you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
KAB will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 you give.

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

How do I know if I am a UK tax payer?

If you have a salary, savings in a bank and/or building society, investments or a pension you may well be a tax payer, so you can Gift Aid your donations. For more information about tax please visit https://www.gov.uk/income-tax 

Will this affect my tax status?

No. As a tax payer any donations you make to KAB have already had income tax removed from them. What the Gift Aid scheme does is give back to us some of that tax as a boost to your gift.

How do I cancel a declaration?

It's simple. All you need to do is get in touch with us at any time telling us you wish to cancel your declaration.

Purple crocuses with text saying 'Leave a Legacy' underneath

Three men dressed as a carrot, bunch of grapes and a tomato

Young visually impaired boy holding up his artwork with the text 'Wall of thanks' underneath